Sunday, February 22, 2015

Race #10 - The race that wasn't meant to be

Yesterday was the third and final Chilly Cheeks race. While I had signed up for the entire series, I wussed out yesterday due to the weather. Even though it wasn't too snowy in the morning, it seemed like it might be a little icy so I decided to skip it.

While I'm sure I would have been fine, the thought of crashing my bike and breaking some part of my body made me feel like it wasn't worth it.

Not long ago, I probably would have chosen to drive down to South Denver and do the race, despite the miserable conditions. Or, if I had skipped the race, I would have felt guilty about it all day. But back then I think I had something to prove, even though I wouldn't have been able to admit it. These days, I really just don't so instead I went for a long run and never gave my decision a second thought. I did the first half or my run with Elmer and then went out for round two on my own. Did I make the right call? I think I did and I know Elmer agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment